Sheridan Manor Seeking Dynamic Sales Leader
WANTED: Director of Care Transitions
Sheridan Manor is currently searching for a dynamic sales leader to join their team in Sheridan, Wyoming. Healthcare industry experience is preferred. The purpose of this position is to manage and increase the facility’s census by establishing, developing, and maintaining relationships with hospitals, physicians, insurers, and community organizations that generate resident admissions.
The Director of Care Transitions also conducts physical assessments and/or screenings for potential residents.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- In accordance to facility and district sales plans, must develop and execute tactics to maximize admissions of residents requiring a sub-acute level of care, including regular contact with potential referral sources such as hospitals, physicians, insurers, case management companies, and health care agencies.
- Maintains an 80 percent conversion ratio from referrals to admissions.
- Serves as a key member of the facility sales team by assisting other members with coordination of sales calls to key accounts.
- Conducts industry analysis annually and local market analysis quarterly. Completes the business development tool (sales plan) weekly.
- Ensures admission screening of potential residents, determines level of care, services required, equipment needs, and insurance coverage, as appropriate.
- Ensures company processes are followed to complete the clinical and financial approval process in a timely manner.
- Coordinates admissions with appropriate departments and staff.
- Directs efforts to the managed care industry by setting up appointments with case managers and explaining the services provided.
- Contacts local community agencies to generate a positive image and encourage word-of-mouth referral activities.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of current regulations governing Medicare / Medicaid and private insurance company reimbursement processes.
- Ensures all required records are maintained and submitted, as appropriate, in an accurate and timely manner.
- Ensures 80 percent of time is spent outside the building on census development in the local market.
- Participates in weekly sales team meetings, reporting regularly on referral development and progress on targets.
- Expected to attend Sava University to obtain sales tactics and techniques to allow for success in the role.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Knowledge & Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing or more than 4 years of relevant work experience
- One to three years experience in health care, long-term care industry, or insurance sales / marketing
- One year experience with proposal development process
- Public relations experience preferred
- Familiarity with medical terminology
- Superior presentation skills, both one-on-one and in group settings
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- ** Registered Nurse Preferred, but position may be filled by LPN / LVN
- ** RN must have one year experience in patient / resident assessments; LPN / LPN must have a minimum of two years experience in patient / resident assessments. Strong technical writing skills
Shift: Full Time
Apply online at Savaseniorcare.com