Crews Respond to Vehicle Fire
Photo courtesy of Goose Valley Fire
At 10:30 p.m. Tuesday night, Goose Valley Fire and Sheridan Fire Rescue responded to a report of a vehicle fire on Gosling Drive. The flames were extinguished less than ten minutes later.
“The flames were just starting to impinge on the garage wall when we pulled up,” said Goose Valley Fire Chief Bob Williams.
The residents’ garage and home were undamaged and there were no injuries. The vehicle was totaled.
According to Williams, it appears that the blaze started as an electrical fire caused by an engine block heater. He said that such incidents are not uncommon.
Williams advises people to use a heavy-duty extension cord for engine block heaters, and to plug it into a circuit that isn’t already at full capacity. Additionally, he recommends checking the condition of the extension cord routinely.